3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2010 doesn't reply to meeting requests

I am using Outlook 2010 and a colleague with whom I regularly exchange meeting requests is using 2007, with the "request reply" option checked for meeting requests. Recently, my Outlook has stopped generating replies when I accept a meeting request. The meeting is added to my calendar, but when I click Accept, the only thing that happens is that the window closes. There is no reply in the outbox, and the colleague never receives a reply.
    (We are not using Exchange.)

Fafner

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I didn't actually ask a question in my first post, and perhaps I should have (I thought the question would be understood). My question is, how can I make Outlook send meeting acceptance replies?

Fafner

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    In your calendar, does the meeting show as "replied to"? If not, it will have a checked box around it.

Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2010 doesn't reply to meeting requests - 2

In the thread called "Outlook 2010 doesn't reply to meeting requests" Joe asks me a question, but I am unable to reply because the thread is closed. I don't know what to do other than start another thread.

In answer to your question, I'm not sure what you mean by your question ("In your calendar, does the meeting show as "replied to"? If not, it will have a checked box around it.") When I open the calendar item, it indicates that I accepted it on X date and Y time. But it never sent an acceptance to the originator, and the item on the originator's calendar indicates that no replies have been received. If I click "Accept" again on the item in my calendar, the window simply closes, and there is no reply in the outbox.

Fafner

Administrator
    Thanks
    Don't know how this thread got closed. This should re-open it.

Joe

Administrator
    Thanks
    I meant if you look at the meeting in a calendar view, not opening the meeting, is there a box with broken lines around it? This indicates that Outlook thinks you have not yet replied to the meeting request. That should give a hint where the problem lies - Either Outlook did not generate a reply or Outlook generated a reply but did not send it.

Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply, Joe. No, there is no box with broken lines around the meetings in question in the calendar view. As far as I can tell, Outlook thinks I reponded to the meeting (which I did), but it never generated a response to the originator. When I checked with my colleague, her computer indicates that no responses have been received.

Fafner