Thanks

A Blank Partition Question

I have performed a fresh installation of Windows XP Pro over an installation of Linux that existed on the hard drive previously. Unfortunately, I think I didn't format the drive correctly, because besides the primary XP partition, there is a small, 7.5GB partition that is completely blank. I think that might have been left over from the Linux installation, and I didn't remove it when I installed Windows. Is there any way that I can "fold" or add this partition into the Windows partition, or would I have to completely format the drive and reinstall XP on the single partition that would be created as a result? If so, what would be the easiest way to format the hard drive, or to expand the partition to include the 7GB segment?
    "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." - Issac Asimov, from his novel "Foundation"

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    If the empty partition is after the XP partition (on the right) you can use the free Dell extpart utility. You can also use one of the many free partition editors like Gparted.

cheers, Paul