Star Lounger
    Thanks

Left-Right Speaker balance in Win7

Hello All,

In WinXP days, if the “speakers” icon in the tray was clicked, a left-right balance slider was available. Not so with Win7. My issue is that sometimes I use the speakers built into my machine but other times [I have a TV card installed] I use an external set of speakers and the cable attached to one speaker is longer due to where it is positioned, so the balance changes. To re-balance left to right, I dragged a shortcut to the “Sound” Control Panel applet onto the desktop and I open it, and then go Speakers=>Properties=>Levels=>Balance.
    Is there an easier way, or is there a program I can download that will make it “one click” like WinXP days?
    Thanks ahead of time . . . !
    Bob

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You can do the same by double clicking on the speaker icon when open taskbar icon. This opens the speaker properties / balance options.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you, curiousclive!
    That certainly makes accessing speaker balance more convenient, and I can get rid of the shortcut to the Sound applet, too!
    Best Regards,
    Bob

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I also had the same problem and I solved it with an AutoHotkey Program as follows:
    Run c:\Windows\System32\sndvol.exe
    WinGetPos,X,Y,,,A
    sleep 600
    send {tab}{tab}{tab}{tab}{tab}
    X= +70
    Y= +80
    click %X%,%Y%
    sleep 600
    WinGetPos,X,Y,,,A
    X= +80
    Y= +45
    click %X%,%Y%
    sleep 600
    X= +330
    Y= +108
    click %X%,%Y%
    return
    If you have AutoHotkey_L installed in your system, you can use this script to go to the Balance page in one step. Otherwise if you let me know your email id I can send the compiled exe file for use with Windows 7.
    Premkumar (srpremkumar AT hotmail DOT com)

Note:- 1. Mine is a 19" Monitor with 1440 x 900 resolution. If yours is different, you may have to change the X, Y coordinates.
    2. If you install AutoHotkey_L (a free program) and learn the simple scripting techniques, you can automate most of your daily computer routine tasks. http://www.autohotkey.com/
    Last edited by satrow; 2013-12-05 at 04:53. Reason: Changed email

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you for your help, srpremkumar!
    Your script works flawlessly!
    Bob
    Last edited by robtlmiller; 2013-12-08 at 10:00.