Star Lounger
    Thanks

Switchboard (Access97)

We have an application that was created by a consultant, who is of course no longer here. Suddenly, one of the switchboard items which prints a report isn't working. I figure if I went to the switchboard I could determine which report is actually being printed, but I can't figure out how to interpret the switchboard. I searched the KB & couldn't find anything. Anyone know what all those #'s mean? Thanks,

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Switchboard (Access97)

What numbers are you referring to? If you mean the Command Numbers in the Switchboard Items table:

Go to Switchboard = 1
    Open Form Add = 2
    Open Form Edit = 3
    Open Report = 4
    Customize Switchboard = 5
    Exit Application = 6
    Run Macro = 7
    Run Code = 8

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Switchboard (Access97)

The numbers in the table tell Access how to populate the buttons and labels you see on the form. Each switchboard has its own number, and each item on each switchboard has a number that determines its location on that switchboard. The name of the report being run should be over to the far right.

If the switchboard was created using the switchboard manager though, it would be simplest to use that add-in to edit it. That will allow you to look at the name of the report it's trying to call. Tampering with the table itself can break the whole thing beyond repair.

If the report can be run from the database window, then there's something wrong with the OpenReport call in the switchboard. However, if it can't be run from the database window, then the problem isn't with the switchboard, it's with the report and you can focus on the real issue.
    Charlotte