2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Unable to download Adobe Flash Player

I operate Windows 7 and when I went to a site that required a Flash Player update, I attempted to download and was unable to. Also, whenever I downloaded anything in the past a thin pale yellow message appeared that I had to click on to enable the download. No such message appeared. Has something changed?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Did you go to the Adobe site or a 3rd party site?
    http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

When you click download you should be asked to save or run the installer. If not you may have Internet Explorer security settings set to prevent download of executable files.

cheers, Paul

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply Paul. I checked the security settings and found nothing wrong. Then in fooling around I clicked on the Tools and saw that "Active X filtering" was checked. I unchecked and everything worked fine.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Worth turning filtering back on for normal use. ActiveX is evil, but with good intent.

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smokyken View Post
    I operate Windows 7 and when I went to a site that required a Flash Player update, I attempted to download and was unable to. Also, whenever I downloaded anything in the past a thin pale yellow message appeared that I had to click on to enable the download. No such message appeared. Has something changed?
    Be careful about web sites which demand that you update your Flash Player. Some of these downloads are malicious and can take over your computer. If you have Flash Player set up to automatically update itself, no legitimate web site should be asking you to update Flash Player.
    -- Bob Primak --

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Does Win7 32 bit or 64 bit make any difference with your correct install preferences ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by swulff View Post
    Does Win7 32 bit or 64 bit make any difference with your correct install preferences ?
    Your correct files are chosen by your pc. Before I download anything, I install WOT (Web of Trust) for IE, then use it to dl Java, Adobe Flash & Shockwave Player, then my browser of choice, either Firefox or Paper Moon.
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.