2 Star Lounger
    Davenport, Iowa, usa

Unhappy Access database keeps locking

I have been updating queries, tables, and a form in my Access 2003 database. For some reason it doesn't want to open my form that shows the main information. It keeps locking. I can't even open the form in design view. Any ideas on why it won't open the form? It just hangs up when I try to open it. The only way to close the database then is through the task manager. How do I open the form in design view now to change anything? I can still open the tables that the information in the form comes from. I am going to start recreating it from a previous version.
    Last edited by xyiegphriedt; 2011-05-28 at 18:40. Reason: updating original message

Super Moderator
    Evergreen, CO, USA
    As an alternative, import all of the objects from your existing database into a new database and see if that solves the issue. If that doesn't fix it, you might want to run a Compact and Repair on the database. Also, have you split your database into a front-end and a back-end? That is the usual recommendation - most database corruptions occur in forms and reports, and by splitting it, you reduce the possibility of data corruption.