2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

File:Open dialog (2000 SR1)

Is there some utility that lets you display just files when you use File:Open? I like to sort my files in date order, most recent first, but the folders are best displayed in alpha order: I open files more often than I change folders.

Regards,
    Will Williams

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: File:Open dialog (2000 SR1)

Hi Wil:

I'm not aware of one (but would like to hear about it if it exists). However, you do know that you can open the last 9 files that you used by setting Tools/Options/General tab/Recently used files list to 9. Then you can open recent files quickly by pressing Alt,F & a number 1 to 9. The other thing you might try is to set the default file locations for documents to be a subfolder so that you always have your most recent folders, sorted by date, in that folder.

I realize this is not an answer to your original question, but may be the least inconvenient way to handle things if there is no such utility.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: File:Open dialog (2000 SR1)

While in the File open pane select the files to be displayed in the "Detail" view. There you will be able to sort by any of the different columns. Just remember that the header buttons will sort up and the down on the next click.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.