Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Question ReadIRIS Pro: Is it worth it?

I've read through the other posts on IRIS software, but couldn't find the answer to my question. So here goes ...

Our HP All in One printer, fax, scanner came loaded with basic IRIS scanning software. Up to now, it's been fine for what we've needed. Currently, however, I have a number of printed Word documents whose electronic copies have been lost. I need to get them into the computer for editing.

An email offer has just come in from IRIS making its Pro version available for $79, regularly $129. It says it will allow scanning directly into Word (among other programs).

Are any Loungers familiar enough with this paid version to know if it would do this as well as its web page suggests it will? If so, it would save me hours of re-entering data! If not, $79 is $79 - a bit much to just pitch out the window!

Any advice appreciated, as always!

Thanks,

Linda

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Well, duh. I thought I'd do some further testing of what we do have re. scanning capabilities. I discovered that there is an option to scan and save a page as RTF editable file. Tried it on one of the pages that need digitizing ... and it worked fine. I could make changes and edit or format text; then, save it as a Word document! I suppose formatting would be better done in the paid version, but this will be just fine if it saves not only some money but also time and effort involved in upgrading!

Feel rather dumb for not knowing this earlier, but that's why assuming is never a good idea! I'd just not used the scanner this way before!

Posted my finding in case it will save someone else some time. If any Loungers have suggestions anyway, I'm always eager to learn!

Linda

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    I was going to suggest just that. ;-))

cheers, Paul

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Good news and thanks, Paul! I always feel more confident when a Lounger here validates something I've done!

Linda