4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Presenter View disables Links

I will be using my laptop connected to a large monitor for several presentations over the next few weeks. I have a Dell Studio XPS 16 and am using PowerPoint 2003. I have not been able to get Presenter View working and then we upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 and now it works! However there is a problem.

If I have a link in my slideshow, there doesn't seem to be a way to select them in Presenter View. When I pass the mouse over the links, it doesn't change and when I click, all I do is advance the slide.

I was so excited to be able to run Presenter View and now it may not work. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I ran across an old reference somewhere that suggested this might work if you move your mouse pointer over to the second screen (the large monitor) and click on the links there. (If that's something you haven't tried, yet.)

Quote Originally Posted by donebb View Post
    I will be using my laptop connected to a large monitor for several presentations over the next few weeks. I have a Dell Studio XPS 16 and am using PowerPoint 2003. I have not been able to get Presenter View working and then we upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 and now it works! However there is a problem.

If I have a link in my slideshow, there doesn't seem to be a way to select them in Presenter View. When I pass the mouse over the links, it doesn't change and when I click, all I do is advance the slide.

I was so excited to be able to run Presenter View and now it may not work. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Links only work in show mode. The show is on the large monitor so you will need to point there.