New Lounger
    Thanks

Programs for formatting legal documents

Hello -
    My office currently runs Windows 7 with MOS 2010. We are looking to to see if there are any programs out there that help the secretaries with formatting Word documents (numbering, outline styles, multi-level numbering, etc.) My last firm used a product called "ezNumbering". Someone has suggested Softwise - anyone familiar with it, or know of a better product?

Thank you in advance,
    Chrissy M.

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    Hi Chrissy,

I'd have thought that whatever you're trying to achieve could easily be done via the proper definition and use of Paragraph Styles, without the need for additional software.
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Chrissy

If you want to upload a couple of document examples (non confidential text just layout is fine) of what you use I can put together a sample template with numbering and a video demo link for you. Please let me know what country US AUS UK and so on.

Janine

New Lounger
    Thanks
    A law firm where I was formerly employed used MacPac for Legal by the Sackett Group. It was easy to set up and was relatively well-received by the secretaries.

Thanks
    You might also look at Appkickers from my company - they are intended specifically for law firms - and compare very well to MacPac (per my clients who've used same in the past). I don't want to turn this into a commercial, so look at our web site and let me know if you'd like more information.

Best, Kim

Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello Chrissy -

I have used and Trained SofWise macros. There is also MacPac, Payne Consulting and iCreate and CCI. I have also written several packages for law firms and could give you references from my clients. All of the packages offer Pleadings, Memorandum, Fax, Letters, Depo Summary, Discovery, Table of Content, Table of Authorities, etc. These templates are Automated to such your firms needs. If you would like a free remote demo. send me an email. Thanks.