New Lounger
    Thanks

Applications missing and/or not-available for all users.

Hey all,

I've got an issue where some applications are not available to other users when installed by one-user.
    It's not a case of selecting to "install for all users" as that option isn't available in many cases.

Currently my only working example I have is Google Chrome, as the Win 7 image I'm building up I've put on hold until I figure out why this is happening.

Is there a reghack workaround for this that anyone knows?

--
    Vic Hardy

Thanks
    Are you using an account in the Administrators Group to install the software?
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am yes.

Here's the steps I've tried (in no particular order):
    • Enable built-in "Administrator" and install applications.
    • Join Computer to Domain and then login as another user (either domain account or locally created account).
    • (from fresh install of Win 7) - Join computer to Domain and install under built-in Adminstrator and again attempt to access from other accounts.
    • (from fresh install and joining computer to domain) login as a user with Local Admin rights and install applications. Then login as another user and attempt to access applications.
    • (from fresh install and joining computer to domain) login as a Domain Admin and test above.

Now I think I tried one or another combination of installing the applications, but there are odd apps that just don't show for other users after installation.

So far I have:
    • Chrome
    • Winamp

I'm sure there are more, but after doing a base config and testing things were working I didn't want to spend an hour building up the system to find nothing runs.

The other thing is I cannot locate the files on the HDD from the other user accounts, it is as if the application was not even installed. I'm sure there could be a simple reghack or similar to fix this. But it is annoying none-the-less.
    Last edited by Vic Hardy; 2011-05-31 at 22:37.