Thanks

Where is a LSI 1394 OHCI Compliant Host COntroller?

This is an error I've never seen. Google showed that I'm not the only one in need of this driver...But there seems to be a billion versions and types.

I ran a driver update and it showed nothing. What does this driver do? I saw something about firewire -- which I don't have or use (I don't THINK I have it), so why this error now "out of the blue" after a few years on this machine? D I need to worry about it? If not, can I "turn it off"?

I found it: In device manger, you can see the 1394 controller. I picked Update, but used "Let me pick from..." and in the list, picked the legacy driver. All is OK again.

Chuck
    Last edited by CWBillow; 2011-06-03 at 04:08.
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Thanks
    It appears you do have a Firewire 1394 device on your PC. There does not seem to be as many ext hardware devices that use the Firewire bus for their input any more. Firewire was another input area similar to USB where peripheral devices could attach to your PC. Glad you were able to solve the problem and posted your solution for others.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy