New Lounger
    Thanks

BBC Live Stream Videos not working on Firefox 4

Can't see any live streamed Flash videos on the BBC website (sports, etc). Just get the eternally-rotating 'loading' icon.

Could always see them on Firefox 3, and can still see them now if I use Chrome. I am in the UK, so no geographical issues here either.

Thought at first it was an issue with Flash, but it appears I can see archived Flash videos. I can also see general Flash files displayed on other websites on my Firefox 4.

(Might be a red herring, but I also have an issue on my Windows 7 Home Premium on Sony Vaio PC where my Java won't update. Don't know if this affects the way that BBC display these videos, coupled with something new on Firefox 4...? I might be talking out of my hat.)

Thanks
    I upgraded to FX5 a few days ago, but FX4 worked fine on all BBC streaming, as does my current equivalent, Pale Moon 4.06 with the attached extensions. The extensions in FX 4 were similar though not identical. The smaller list is the extensions loaded in FX5, which also streams fine from the BBC.

W7x64 Home, Flash 10 and Java 6 update 25.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyiBM View Post
    Can't see any live streamed Flash videos on the BBC website (sports, etc). Just get the eternally-rotating 'loading' icon.

Could always see them on Firefox 3, and can still see them now if I use Chrome. I am in the UK, so no geographical issues here either.

Thought at first it was an issue with Flash, but it appears I can see archived Flash videos. I can also see general Flash files displayed on other websites on my Firefox 4.

(Might be a red herring, but I also have an issue on my Windows 7 Home Premium on Sony Vaio PC where my Java won't update. Don't know if this affects the way that BBC display these videos, coupled with something new on Firefox 4...? I might be talking out of my hat.)
    Hi Andy, could you post a link to the page your having trouble with. ?
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Roderunner,

It's any of the BBC's live sport streams (none of which are playing right now, so I can't post a URL)... this last week it's been the tennis at the French Open, the previous week it was the F1 Monaco Grand Prix. I can view archived footage, so http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/13663414.stm is fine for me.

And watching over on Chrome is also fine for me...

Thanks
    I suggest you check the extensions loaded, maybe temporarily disable them in groups to test.

Thanks
    Andy, I used the link you posted, clicked 'Watch Sport News Bulletin' and saw nothing till I right clicked, set NoScript to 'Temporarilly Allow all this page'. What happens when you try it ?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Satrow - cheers. I went the whole hog and disabled all extensions, then waited for the next live feed. Tennis at Queens. Worked fine, however noticed it's a different interface (on Chrome too, so not just a Firefox thing). The interface I have been having issues with normally has loads of alternative videos selections below; this one is just their plain iPlayer interface (which is used for all archived stuff). I re-enabled all extensions again, and it still works. But I'm not yet convinced until I see another old-stylie display.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Roderunner, although until I get to see more live footage (on the same interface) I can't test this. I did have a look for this right-click option, but didn't see it (under 'Settings' or 'Global Settings').

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyiBM View Post
    Thanks Roderunner, although until I get to see more live footage (on the same interface) I can't test this. I did have a look for this right-click option, but didn't see it (under 'Settings' or 'Global Settings').
    I thought you had 'Noscript' addon installed.