3 Star Lounger Not Brightest Bulb's Avatar
    Thanks

Acer Aspire AX3400G-U4802 HDMI problem

Something unexpected this PC has an HDMI outlet and suppose to hookup PC to HDTV. Now XP eMachine I had a combo DVI/HDMI hookup cable and no problem, change input on TV and I could get my PC screen on TV.

Silly me I assumed all I needed was a HDMI cable hookup PC to TV and all would good. Well it ain't so. I tied and once I actually got the mouse arrow showing on TV but actual picture nothing. The main problem I'm having is no user guide at all just a hookup guide with the barest of essentials. I googled it 1st and there are suppose to be some problems and on Acer web page you must have the patience of Methuselah to get anywhere.

I thought I would jump on here for ideas and definitely could be the problem.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    NBB,

Two things I can think of are:
    1. Make sure you select the correct HDMI input on the TV using the remote.
    2. Make sure the video card is sending the output to the HDMI port via the Video Card software.

Good Luck.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    this video shows how this guy did his laptop and with the exception of him using vga cables and its a laptop, should be basically the same. I think its just your not using the correct settings on your tv.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVt1eadrmxY

4. The Following User Says Thank You to James S For This Useful Post:

Not Brightest Bulb (2011-06-05)

3 Star Lounger Not Brightest Bulb's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by James S View Post
    this video shows how this guy did his laptop and with the exception of him using vga cables and its a laptop, should be basically the same. I think its just your not using the correct settings on your tv.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVt1eadrmxY
    Did not use your "youtube" and I knew about TV input, even I not that stupid. But and a big BUT on past XP-PC a personal friend setup the PC-TV view for me. (5years ago) I had never dealt with the video card setup at all only thing I did was the correct cable setup.

Thanks to you I went into Nvidia Control Panel plugged cable into TV and immediately it fired up in Control Panel and I just clicked on proper choices and all is good. My PC is now showing up on HDTV and looks fantastic.

Now I wonder with the HDMI problems that I read about when I googled it were as bad as they appeared.

Thank You James S