Thread: Macro Problem

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Macro Problem

Hi,

I am using Excel 2007 on Windows 7

When I send a work book that were saved as containing macros and the other person want to open it even if he enables the macro's it seems that all the macro's have been detached from the macro buttons or that it contain an exsternal link in the name.

I have never experienced anything like that before. I played around with different security settings, etc but to no avail.

I would appreciate any help or suggestions.

Regards
    Regards
    Kobus

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Korbus,

What version of Excel is the recipient using?
    If it is 2003 or earlier try saving in that file format.
    If it is 2007 try having the recipient save it to a trusted location as well as enabling macros.
    If you are sending the file as an .xlm file try sending it as a .zip file and sending it then have the recipient unzip it and follow instructions above.

That's all I can think of for now. Let us know how things turn out.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Thanks
    You may want to check in the original where the macro the buttons called are stored. They may not be where you think they are. Also in the ones that the other person gets, where does his/her file think they are located...

Steve

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi

Sorry for taking so long to come back, but I was out of the office for a time.

We are both using Excel 2007

When we transfer the file with a pendrive then everything works fine.

When my colleque send the file to me then everything works, when I send it back to him the same problem occur, but when I tried to attach the macro again to the button on his machine I get a message that the button is locked for editing.

Upon further investigation I realise that the only difference between our computers is that my machine is 64bit and his 32bit.

I do not know if that is the answer to the problem and if I can do anything or change any setting to "not lock" the button if the file is send by email from my machine to his. As I said earlier when transferred by pendrive the the button do not lock up, or send from his machine to mine also no problem. It is only when send by email from the 64bit machine back to the 32 bit where the button lock up.

Regards
    Regards
    Kobus