Lounger
    Thanks

Date-field formula to express added days by name

I have a field {arrival} which is a date. I want to display {arrival+3}, expressed as a day of the week. So if {arrival} is a Friday, I want to be able to output "Monday" in my document. I tried { ={arrival \@ "dddd"} + 3} thinking that the days of the week would cycle at the end of month anyways but that gave me an "undefined bookmark" error.

Help?

Thanks
    Some very interesting tutorials and samples posted by Paul (macropod) here:

Word Date Calculation Tutorial (v2.85) (old links don't work, but the attachment is still available)

Word Field Maths Tutorial (v1.4)

Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, I found that tutorial but the code example doesn't seem to work properly. I chose the sample "Calculate a day, date, month and year, using n days delay" but it seems to be adding n months instead of n days...

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JonTom View Post
    Yes, I found that tutorial but the code example doesn't seem to work properly. I chose the sample "Calculate a day, date, month and year, using n days delay" but it seems to be adding n months instead of n days...
    Figured it out. The code was correct, however, it assumed that the short date order used by Word/Windows was DD-MM-YY. Since I'm dealing with an American piece of software, it was giving MM-DD-YY, so the DELAY was added to the wrong part of the date. Changing the order of the "{DD} {MM} {YY}" code at the end of code sample to "{MM} {DD} {YY}" fixed it.