New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2010 sync to Hotmail

I have Gateway, 6 GB memory, 1TB hard drive with Win 7 Home Premium 64Bit, MS Office 2010, 64 Bit, with Outlook.

Iíve been syncing with Windows Live Hotmail since Oct 2010 just fine, Last week it stopped syncing, showing error 4102, details showed error 0x800040005, basically saying that Outlook would not synchronize with Hotmail and to check Hotmail connection. Hotmail works just fine, Iím sending this from Hotmail.

I Googled both error messages and didnít find any answers that worked. I reinstalled Windows connection with no change. Some strange things on Outlook, when I try to receive new mail I get nothing for that day, but that dayís new Junk mail and all of yesterdayís email.

On my laptop with Vista, 32 Bit and the same email setup, everything works fine.

It would seem that the 64 Bit vs. the 32 Bit is the problem. I canít figure out after working for seven months what changed.

Sorry for so many words, but I would appreciate any suggestions. Bill

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Do you have the most current version of the Outlook Hotmail Connector 64-bit installed?

Joe

Thanks
    Welcome to the lounge! Have you tried running the "Office Diagnostics" in the Outlook help menu? I am running Office '07, so just a S.W.A.G. on my part
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Joe, I have the current version. I also read all the previous comments in this thread, before sending my own.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Have you tried removing the account and then re-adding it?

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks

Joe I'm not sure what you mean. My entire Hotmail account or somrthing else?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Remove the Hotmail account from Outlook. See Hotmail connector error 4102 for more details.

Joe