Star Lounger
    Thanks

Update Query Combine

Hello,
    I have the following SELECT query:

SELECT Invoices.Invoice, Invoices.Invoice_File_Links, Invoices.Status
    FROM Invoices
    WHERE (((Invoices.Invoice) Like "ADJ*") AND ((Invoices.Invoice_File_Links) Is Null) AND ((Invoices.Status)="Fully paid"));

There is a now a request to include invoices like "BD*". So, I've modified my query to the following:

SELECT Invoices.Invoice, Invoices.Invoice_File_Links, Invoices.Status
    FROM Invoices
    WHERE (((Invoices.Invoice) Like "ADJ*" Or (Invoices.Invoice) Like "BD*") AND ((Invoices.Invoice_File_Links) Is Null) AND ((Invoices.Status)="Fully paid"));

I then used an UPDATE query to update the file link location like so (obviously with the prior select query):

UPDATE audit_invoiceFileLinks SET audit_invoiceFileLinks.Invoice_File_Links = "\\misc\sites\CS\Adjustments\AdjustmentFormsArchiv e\" & "" & [Invoice] & "" & ".xml";

Is there any way to modify the UPDATE query to update invoices equal to "BD*" to the following location and leaving the "ADJ*" location the same: \\misc\sites\BR\BoardDisbursementsArchive\" & "" & [Invoice] & "" & ".xml

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I think the easiest option would be to have two separate update queries. One that does the like ADJ* Invoices, and another to do the BD* ones.

Otherwise you need to put an IIF statement in the Set Expression. Something like this.

SET audit_invoiceFileLinks.Invoice_File_Links = iif([invoice] like "ADJ*", "\\misc\sites\CS\Adjustments\AdjustmentFormsAr chiv e\" & "" & [Invoice] & "" & ".xml", " \\misc\sites\BR\BoardDisbursementsArchive\" & "" & [Invoice] & "" & ".xml ");
    Regards
    John