5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Question Text box - inverting printing so it prints upside down

I am trying to formulate a custom Word document to print on card stock. I have been able to do just about everything that I need to do with one exception, I want to have text in a "Text Box" so that when the document prints on the card stock and the card is "folded", the print will appear right side up at the bottom of the back-side of the card. To do this, I need to have some method/process for inverting the text in the Text Box. Now, maybe I am not going about this the right way - maybe I would be better off using a table. I have tried a text box (can rotate 90 and 270, but not 180) and a rectangular object - I can rotate the object, but the text does not seem to want to rotate with it. What this really amounts to is being able to place text in a box and then flipping it so that it is upside down as I look at it on the screen, but when I print the card and fold it, the text will appear right side up. Make sense? Any thoughts or insight that anyone would care to provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,

Ron_M

Thanks
    I've made "table tents" before, probably with Word tables rather than text boxes. These threads might have useful information:

Table Tents (from 2003)

Create Table Tents (from 2006)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks jscher, but they don't really tell me anything I don't already know - Word cannot print upside down - it looks like I will have to go to PowerPoint, unless someone has a definitive way to get Word to "flip" text in text boxes or "shapes". Thanks for letting me know the proper name(s) for these things...would not have guessed it in a thousand years.

Maybe the answer is to create something in PowerPoint and import it as a graphic object into Word - don't know, but I think I will give it a try.

Regards,

Ron M

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Well, jscher and others, that worked. I prepared a graphic object in PowerPoint, inserted the text, flipped the object using the rotation handles and then copied and pasted the object into Word. It isn't exactly pretty, but it seems to work. Thanks, jscher, for pointing me in a direction that gave me some ideas of things to try.

Regards,

Ron_M