New Lounger
    Thanks

Changing folder details from default

I frequently want to sort photos in a Windows Vista folder by Date Modified. However, when I open such a folder, the details show the default quintet of name, date taken, tags, size and rating. I never use tags or rating, and would like to replace them with date modified on a permanent basis. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Hi hathach3,

When in the detail panel of the folder you want to add a heading to, right click any existing heading such as name, date taken, etc., and select 'More' from the context menu. This will open a long list of possible options to you. Check the ones you want added, and they should remain in place for that folder next time you open it.

If you want the same headings to appear in all your 'Pictures' folders, then make the change in the 'Pictures' folder headings first, then open the 'Tools' menu ('Folder Options') or click the 'Organize' button to select 'Folder and Search Options' and then 'View' tab. Next, under 'Folder views' click the 'Apply in Folders' button. This will extend any changes you made to all subfolders under the main 'Pictures' folder.

Thanks
    Open the pictures folder in detail view. Right click on the header bar and select/deselect the fields you want displayed.

Jerry

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, friends. I can change the folder details to my heart's content, and do it often -- nearly every time I re-open some folders. Vista doesn't remember the changes I make.

Thanks
    I recalled that Windows can only store the customisations for a finite number of folders and this site appears to confirm it.

It suggests using TweakUI to increase the number of folders that Windows will remember the individual customisation for. It is under the XP heading but it may work for Vista also.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Browni.