Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    New Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm arriving to this party a bit late.

I too have used FP since the late 90's. It's as complicated as I need it to be, but my server keeps having FP extensions breakdowns, so now I'm looking for options. I own Expression Web, but haven't used it. You think I should just update this program to Expression Studio 4 Web Professional? I saw the upgrade on Amazon for something like $43.

Really, the reason I have continued to use FP extensions is for the simple form pages. Anyone know how I can just create form pages and then upload everything using FP with FTP? Is there a good form page creator out there?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    BATcher, I was surprised at your view of FrontPage as it's the most popular software on Amazon to make websites. Are your colleagues switching to something other than Dream Weaver and, if so, what?

Genius might be described as a supreme capacity for getting its possessors into trouble of all kinds.
    Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by BATcher View Post
    Using Front Page nowadays is the approximate equivalent of using Windows 98 (and probably not even 98SE)...
    You can continue to use both, if you want.

In the time since FrontPage was new and vibrant, Dreamweaver has come - and almost gone.

Lounger
    Thanks
    I also was using FrontPage and maintaining 3 web sites. I recently went to Microsoft Web Site and searched Expression 4 and when the page came up and I looked around, no product key is necessary for Expression 4 any longer. I downloaded it and installed it on my new laptop and it runs perfect on a Sony Vaio 64bit. A give-a-way ?

Sarge
    Live Free or Die

Star Lounger
    Thanks

thanks and please include web address for download

Sarge,

Thanks for your response. One question, what is the web address for the page with the free download?

I was able to find a page for downloading a sixty day-trial version, but no page for a free download.

Have a good week!

Charles

"]The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits Einstein

Lounger
    Thanks
    You had the right URL at microsoft. It loads and says no product registration required. I just downloaded it again for a 64bit laptop. No problems loading.

Sarge
    Live Free or Die

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I still use FrontPage 2003 too, even though my wife (who uses DreamWeaver, Drupal, and WordPress) rolls her eyes and says it is "old fashioned". But I use FrontPage's Broken Links report and there are no broken links on my sites, while she has some broken links on her sites. FrontPage has no copy protection, so I can put it on all my computers for free, while she pays hundreds for software and can only use it on her laptop. My sites are simpler for search robots to interpret, and come up higher on Google than hers. FrontPage is easy to show new employees how to use than DW, since it is very much like Word. I love FrontPage and think it will make a come back.
    Last edited by cicorp; 2013-10-21 at 10:14.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12