Thanks

Win7 Backup vs Macrium Reflect

I hate to be such a dodo about this, but have been exploring the backup world further, and have to ask this question: Macrium seems to do an image backup separate from data backup. Win7 asks if I want an image backup but when it runs is does the image AND the data backup.

What am I missing? (and no I am NOT blonde, just grey haired!)

BJ

Thanks
    I don't know positively about Macrium Reflect but most 3rd party Imaging apps allow you to choose which partitions to Image. For example I use Acronis True Image Home and choose to Image both my C Drive (OS and APPS) and my D Drive (data). As part of the Imaging process I can select either or both partitions to Image. just one file is created with info from both partitions. Now restoring is different. You have to choose which partition to restore, C or D, not both one at a time. To restore both would require 2 restorations. I would think Macrium Reflect is similar to this. It's probably finding the correct area to set this.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    An Windows image backup includes all partitions/drives that are required to run Windows. So, if you have a data partition/drive that contains files required for Windows it will be included in an image backup. See How to create an image backup in Windows 7. Note: the description in the picture that has "Where do you want to save the backup?". Also, see the description section at the beginning of Create a System Image backup in Windows 7.

Joe