Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

AnswersThatWork License Problem

I am not sure whether my question belongs in this forum,but I am getting very frustrated and don't know where else to go for a resolution.
    I purchased renewal of my subscription to AnswersThatWork (otherwise known as The Ultimate Troubleshooter,or TUT for short) on 15 March 2011, but did not get an order confirmation or license code email.I emailed TUT'S after sales service about it but got no reply.Subsequently I have emailed eSellerate,who process electronic sales for TUT,and Tut's after sales service email address again, the last time attaching a copy of my receipt for the order which I was able to access and print from the eSellerate site by entering my order number.
    To make the situation even more annoying the program,in unlicensed mode,does nothing and is totally useless.
    Does anyone have any helpful suggestions?
    Please advise.
    Thanks and regards,Roy

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Have you tried these contacts?
    Contact Info
    Sales :

TUT Support :

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello DaveA and thanks.

I tried the first contact several times and did not receive a reply.

I found out about the second contact about an hour ago and can only hope they reply.

Regards,Roy

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm getting no reply from the second contact either.Does anyone have any other ideas?

Please advise.

Regards,Roy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Roy.......my experience has been that when you renew TUT your license key does not change.............you just get another 12 mos of updates.......also when your key expires your TUT still works but when you try to update it wont until you renew........hope this helps.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to usmc74 For This Useful Post:

royw (2011-06-19)

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Hiusmc74,thanks a lot.I entered my original license key and registration was successfull.However, I am disappointed that I had no replies to the emails I sent to the various contacts mentioned in this thread.
    I now have another problem with the program,namely when I download updates I get an installation error every time. I tried turning off my antivirus program but that made no difference.Does anyone know how to sort this out?
    Please advise,
    Thanks and regards,Roy

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Roy - These sites may provide some assistance.....
    The Ultimate Troubleshooter (TUT) — Help

For your order history.....
    Need to re-install TUT but no registration details

Help with updates.....
    TUT update is being corrupted — Update fails to install

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Roy - There are some negative reviews here.....
    The Ultimate Troubleshooter -USER REVIEWS

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi tfspry,thanks but I had already checked out the links you provided, and none of them helped.

Do you have any other ideas?

Please advise.

Thanks and regards,Roy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Roy........sorry to hear of your problems getting your emails answered............I had always thought they were a stand up company..........I have only had to contact customer support which was quite a while ago maybe 3yrs or so and if memory serves me correctly they resolved my issue fairly quick and I believe it was for extending the updates for another year.........will certainly keep this in mind next time I am asked about my opinion of TUT........I have really been happy with the way the software works but if they are ignoring their customers then that is unacceptable........not sure how to help out with your download updates but will keep an eye on this thread and hope to see things work out for you.........usmc74

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi usmc74,

For what its worth I have just carried out a clean reinstall of Win 7 (not specifically because of the TUT problem) and I am pleased to say the TUT updates now work. Its still annoying that they never replied to any of my emails though.

Best regards,Roy

Thanks
    Glad everything is working Roy. It does seem strange that an app you have to pay for won't respond to emails. Hmmmm! Would make me think twice about paying anything.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks

This Is/Was Their Last Chance

After repeated detailed EMails and screenshots of their DB updater trying to re-sell me my already updated subscription, I have come to pretty much the same conclusion as the above posters. App not updated for 2 years; DB updates sometimes a pain, usually take at least 2 tries; Little or no response to queries from sales@ or product.support@; Little sign that they read uploaded info regarding apps/processes not in their DB.

Gave them until 16:45 BST today, or I go for a refund. I'm late, but I'll reinstall and try once more before I hit the button on this.

Uninstalled and re-installed twice each. First two using my original purchased setup file; Second two tries using freshly downloaded demo setup. Tried re-registering. Fine. Tried updating DB - No, go and buy a renewal sub. That's it. On my way to PayPal