Lounger
    Thanks

orcmn.dll (Word 97 on Windows 2000)

I am new to this forum, so please forgive my ignorance.

I just started work at a new company. The workstation I inherited from my predecessor has a small error that doesn't seem to cause problems (other than to annoy me). Each time I launch Word, I get a message stating "Can't load orcmn.dll [126]."

BTW, I can find orcmn.dll by doing a search in regedit. Here's the path, assuming that might give anyone a hint on how this came to be:

HKEY_USERS[COMPLEX USER NAME]SOFTWAREMICROSOFTINTERNET EXPLOREREXPLORER BARS[COMPLEX IDENTIFIER]FilesNamedMRU

Note that rather than put in the complex identifiers in the path above, I just put a generic note in brackets.

Any idea how I can get rid of this error? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Michael Dagley

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: orcmn.dll (Word 97 on Windows 2000)

It looks like you have add-in that looks for third party application that's no longer in your machine. If you have Tech Support in your company, contact them to fix it; if not - check your Word startup folder and macros in your normal.dot (Tools | Macro | Macros) and delete the file or the macro causing trouble. If you not sure which file or macro is it, don't do it. If your company uses templates for document styles rather than normal.dot, you can rename your normal.dot and let Word to create a new one.
    The Registry entry you talking about shows that you searched for this dll on your hard drive (Sart | Find | Files or folders...)

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: orcmn.dll (Word 97 on Windows 2000)

Thanks for your help. I've been trying what you suggested, but so far, I can't find any reference to the dll in the macros included in Normal.dot. I appreciate your answer.

Michael Dagley