Star Lounger
    Thanks

Importing to Outlook 2010

I'm fairly new to Outlook, so I apologize in advance if I'm screwing up my question or leaving out important information, but I'll do my best.

Pretty much all of my Outlook data on my Desktop computer is in the account "rje@tidbitbay.com." I just exported that account to backup.pst.

Then I copied this file backup.pst file to my notebook.

I imported backup.pst into Outlook.

The Calendar is fine. The Contacts look fine. The Notes look correct. But Tasks are three months out of date! Itís showing hundreds of uncompleted Tasks from March.

Everything appears properly backed up from the rje@tidbitbay.com account. Thatís what I exported and imported. When exporting, I chose the "Replace duplicates with items exported" option.

The only thing I can add is that when I switched to Outlook, it was coming from Lotus Organizer 6.0. I've been using XTNDConnect PC to transfer data from Organizer into Outlook for a while. I'd be surprised if this makes a difference and is causing the issue, but I'm more surprised that there's this issue in the first place...

Any thoughts on this bewilderment are appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Robert

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rje View Post

The Calendar is fine. The Contacts look fine. The Notes look correct. But Tasks are three months out of date! Itís showing hundreds of uncompleted Tasks from March.

Robert
    What do you mean when you say that Tasks are three months out of date?

If you are only talking about the uncompleted Tasks from March, and you know that you completed them, then it looks perfectly normal if you simply failed to clear the flag upon completion (or if there is a glitch in the system that failed to do it for you). Clear the silly flags and get on with it.

On the other hand, if you mean that there are no Tasks displayed at all for the period up to the time at which you took the snapshot (saved the file) after March and there is missing data, then the first thing to do is look around for other sources: Do you have more than one backup?