2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Formula to populate names in a Report

Hi Excel Experts,

I extract data on a monthly basis and prepare report. The data sheet has the country(col A), name of the agent (Col B) and order date(Col C). I have used the networdays formula to show the number of days and the if condition to show if the order is red, amber or green.

I have created a report for the same which is country and the agents and the number of red, amber and green cases against each agent. I was able to create this using countif formula. I have created this report template using pivot table.

Each month there will agent who will get added and deleted in the data sheet. Is it possible to have a macro or a formula that will pick up the agents from the data sheet automatically (Col B)? Instead of me creating a pivot each time and checking for additions and deletions and updating the reports.

Looking forward to a simple but great solution. I have attached the excel sheet for your reference.

Thanks
    Baiju
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    Why not create the pivot table one time, format as desired and then refresh it when the source changes. It should be updated automatically with the refresh...

Steve

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes steve that is what i intend to do. I was just wondering if this could be done through formulas or macro.

Thanks
    Baiju

Thanks
    You should not need code to create the pivot since it seems you only need to do it one time. But if you want to see the essential code for creating a pivot table, by creating the pivot table with the macro recorder. The macro recroder will also show you the code to refresh the table.

Steve
    PS: A formulaic approach will not work very well since as you indicate the type of data in the fields will change. The pivot will update with a refresh.