4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Splitting Video Feed

I want to run a presentation on 2 seperate monitors, one is a 61" Plasma TV, the other is a 17" monitor that we will put on the podium, so that the speaker doesn't have to turn around to see what's up on the monitor behind him.

I got a VGA splitter cable and hooked up both monitors and everything seemed to work fine. I was a little worried that the signal would get lost going to the 2 different screens but it seems to work...until I try to run a video. I tried to run a video from PowerPoint, using Windows Media Player. WMP opens but the video seems to be stuck on the opening scene. I can hear the audio running, so I know something is happening. I tried running it full screen and not full screen and it doesn't show. I tried running it directly on Windows Media Player and same result. Any ideas what would be causing this? Thx.

Thanks
    Hi donebb,
    The file your using must be corrupt or damaged. Can you change it's format ?
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I think that somehow I messed up the video on my laptop. Since I tried the experiment with the video splitter, all the videos run on this computer show the same way, even when I am not connected to an external monitor. I have tried running the videos on a different PC and they work fine.

When I put a DVD in, it tells me that Windows Media Player can't play DVD's. Also, I can't open Windows Live Movie Maker. It's telling me that I don't meet the minimum system requirements and that I may need to upgrade my video card. It's worked fine up until now, so I'm thinking somehow that splitter was evil...or something happened when I tried to use it.

Thanks
    Hi donebb,
    I'm not too knowledgeable re system requirements but I know WMP can't play DVD's. On my desktop, I always installed K Lite Full Codec Pack as it includes Media Player Classic Home Cinema, which plays almost everything. I noticed on Eileen's Lounge, Win7 includes codecs but still investigating.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Update - I just did a system restore and everything seems to be working again. I still want to experiment with the splitter, I guess I should do some research first...and set a system restore point before I do. Thanks for the help, Roderunner.

Thanks
    Well done, not just for fixing it, but for getting 'System Restore' to work. I always disable SR as I use Acronis 2010 for back ups, it's never let me down. Its a paid app. but there are free ones also.