Star Lounger
    Thanks

Non printing distribution list (W98, O2k SR-1)

I would like to develop distribution lists that do not show the participants names, addresses or other, just the list name. for that matter, I don't know how to develop distribution/group lists. Can it be done in Express? How about Outlook?
    regards,

Thanks

Re: Non printing distribution list (W98, O2k SR-1)

Method 1: Use the Bcc: field for your distribution list. Create a recipient with your 'List name' as the displayed name and yourself as the recipient and put that in the To: field.

Method 2: Get some listmail software. This holds a list of your recipients and sends out an individually addressed mail to each recipient.

Note: I have come across instances where ISP's do not add the recipients name to the header of the mail when it is dropped into the mailbox. This is not a problem if the recipient is the only one to use that mailbox but can cause problems if it is, for example, a company mailbox and the company mailserver can not parse a known user from the header.

Thanks

Re: Non printing distribution list (W98, O2k SR-1)

Sorry - missed the distribution list bit.

Using Outlook I would:

From your Personal Address Book: New Distribution List, then click and select entries from your PAB to add to the DL - i.e. you need to have the recipients already listed individually to add them to the DL.