4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Program in Startup Folder won't launch when booting up

Hi. My ASUS motherboard software includes AI Suite which monitors cpu & system temperatures as well as offering fan speed controls. Launching the application manually brings up the UAC box with the usual "Do want to allow this program to makes changes to your computer" (or similar words) and you have to click yes/ok in order for the program to run. When I added AI Suite to my Startup folder in Windows 7 Home Premium using Windows' recommended method the program does not launch when I reboot the computer. Other than completely disabling UAC notifications is there a way to make this program launch automatically at startup? Thanks for your help!

Thanks
    See if this How to Geek tutorial will help with the issue. It outlines how to create a shortcut to an app using the highest Administrative privileges that you can run from the desktop (or place in the Startup folder) to run without UAC interference.

If the above does not meet your need, check out this SevenForums tutorial on how to accomplish the same goal.
    Last edited by Deadeye81; 2011-06-16 at 14:57. Reason: Add new link

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Deadeye81 For This Useful Post:

starvinmarvin (2011-06-16)

Thanks
    Look through the advanced options of the program in question for a start up configuration option.
    You may also need to tone down or turn off UAC.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CLiNT For This Useful Post:

starvinmarvin (2011-06-16)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Followed the How To Geek tutorial and created the task to run with highest credentials, etc. Will test it with my next re-boot later today or tomorrow and report back here. The AI Suite program itself has no advanced options that offer run at startup option so hope the newly created task works!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Oops!

As mentioned earlier I used the How To Geek tutorial to create the task. When I restarted the computer nothing happened; the wanted program didn't launch. Deleted the task from Task Scheduler and started over, this time using the SevenForums tutorial instead. At Step 11 when I clicked on OK as directed, an error message appeared which says User Acct. restriction error. Possible reasons are that blank passwords not allowed or that a policy restriction has been enforced. See the attached screenshot.
    My computer is set up with no user password. Also there are no policy restrictions to my knowledge. It simply boots briefly to the Welcome screen then on to the desktop with no sign-in required. I am the only user and it's an Administrator type user account. I'm careful not to store sensitive information here and I skipped the password setup during installation. While I now expect a rain of scorn and finger wagging I must ask - is there a way around this glitch short of implementing a user login password? Or will you guys tar and feather me instead?
    Attached Images Attached Images