Lounger
    Thanks

My Places in Office 2010

Hi

Can anyone advise if there is a way to have the My Places bar in various Microsoft Office programs, the one that sits in the left pane of both the Open and the Save As dialog boxes.

Being on our work network I have to drill down a number of folders so am really missing this great shortcut method in 2010

Thanks in advance

Cheers
    Dax

Thanks
    I'm not sure of the best solution, but what I've done is create a new folder under Libraries and I add destinations in there. You can expand the list in the left pane to drill down to the folder you want.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    In the File Open dialog, navigate to your network folder and then drag it into the Favorites Group in the Navigation Pane. This will create a shortcut to that folder. You can also do this through Windows Explorer (WE) as Office 2010 uses WE for its File Open and File Close dialogs.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Jscher thanks for your response. Gaveit a try and works well, although I have now gone to the process suggested by TerFar.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks TerFar, just what I was after, although now you have explained it, I feel a little silly not having realised that's how it could be done.
    Cheers
    Dax