New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook sign-in problem

I hope this is the correct forum in which to post this, please correct me if it's not. I use Outlook 2007 SP2 for work email on a Win 7 Home Premium laptop. At the office, we have a company wired and a company wireless network available ... whenever I try to sign onto Outlook using either network, I get a logon window titled "Connect to franklin.ourcompany.org", asking me for my username (pre-entered) and password. Most of the time it will not accept my password, try as I might ... when it does, the connection only lasts a few minutes, then fails, at which time it asks me for my password again, in another logon window titled "Connect to autodiscover.ourcompany.org".

This behavior only occurs on the company wired and wireless networks. If I'm at home, or on any other network, I get a logon window titled "Connect to mail.ourcompany.org" (not "franklin", or "autodiscover"), it always accepts my password successfully, and I have no further issues. Our 2-person IT dept has been powerless to find a solution, so I'm hoping the sharp people here might have better ideas. Any thoughts? Thanks so much for your help!

Thanks
    Unlike a business version of Windows 7, I don't think Windows 7 Home Premium actually can operate as a member of the domain. So even at work, your laptop probably is a "guest." It sounds as though there is some confusion (in DNS? in Exchange?) about your computer authenticating to the network so that you can get to Exchange. Have you tried making a VPN connection to the network?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have not tried VPN, but I appreciate the suggestion. Will try it and report back, thanks so much.

One note I forgot to mention before ... my machine and its Outlook 2007 worked on the company wired and wireless networks for about a year without any problems, then in late April this problem arose. So somehow it seemed to function as a "guest" just fine, then something changed, though IT can't pinpoint any changes made at that time. Thanks again.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    IT came up with a solution after two months, just today, which was to pull up all 9 of my Windows Credentials in the Credential Manager, and reset the password on each one; then restart the machine; signing in now works. Thanks, jscher2000, for the thoughtful suggestions nonetheless.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Me too

Outlook sign-in problem revisited

I am having similiar issues with Outlook 2007 with several exceptions. Reseting the password in Windows Credential Manager is only a temporary solution for me. In order to resolve the sign in problem I have to go to my webmail site and sign in and that usually takes care of the problem for a few days. The interesting thing about this is that on my Win7 Pro box I have a second Windows login profile in which I do not have this problem with Outlook not remembering or accepting my login credentials. It sould be noted that my initial login to retrieve my email fails almost immediately.

I have read many, many posts across the web and have yet to find a solution. I have attempted the many fixes which have not resolved the issue. I am inclined to believe that there may be something with the Credential Manager that is not right. I have tried searching the web for any reference in the registry that is affected when I reset my password in Credential Manager but have yet to find any, and there may not be a key. Very frustrating.......