New Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy FileZilla not showing all folders on web host

Recently I used the Media Library feature in Wordpress to upload a pdf to the web server. It put the upload in folder 'wp-content/uploads/2011/06'. I wanted to update the PDF so I used FileZilla to log in to upload the newer file into that folder. I was using a Windows XP SP3 PC.

In FileZilla I only see folders 01, 02, 03, and 04 in folder 2011. I called the support for the web server -- they looked at the 2011 folder in FileZilla and see all 6 months 01 - 06. I went to my other PC with Windows 7 Pro, and it only shows folders 01 - 04 in 2011.

I went to my wife's PC with Windows 7 Pro, installed FileZilla, and can see all 6 months 01 - 06.

Does anyone have any idea why this could be happening?

Thanks in advance.

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Reads as though some permissions got messes up on the web server. Did you use the same credentials on both PCs?

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I found a solution. I was using the IP address in the Host field. When I changed the Host field to the domain name, all the missing folders appeared. Apparently it's a Linux technicality that is not apparent to me.

Thanks Joe for your suggestion.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Glad you go it worked out. Thanks for posting the solution.

Joe