3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Word 2010- cannot minimze the footer ruler

We use a report template at work, which allows me to adjust the vertical width of the header to be as narrow as I want it to. I cannot do this though with the footer, which can be a problem. We often have 3-5 paragraphs of text below a large graphic, and having 1 or 2 lines worth of space that I cannot use is a problem.

I am attaching a blank template in the hopes that someone can figure out how to lower the Footer Section 1 field to be more vertically compact (less tall). I've tried shrinking the grey background field, but that doesn't help.

Ideally, after making the grey field more compact, I would be able to drag the Footer Section 1 dotted blue line down about the height of 2 single spaced sentences.

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    Word allows Headers and Footers to expand as needed, so there should be no problem setting a minimal bottom margin. At least in theory. (I tend not to use TextBox objects, which can jut out into the document.)

What do you think about adding a gray fill to the TextBox object and doing away with the gray shape? This would make it a little easier to control the sizing.

Note: Turn off change tracking so you can see the effects of formatting changes immediately.
    Last edited by jscher2000; 2011-06-20 at 23:16. Reason: Added note.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    D'oh---I realized I can make the settings by right-clicking the ruler bar.