4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Launching Media Player Full Screen

I have done this before but now I can't remember what I did and I can't seem to find anything that tells me.

For Vacation Bible School I am using PowerPoint 2003 to launch both Music and Videos. I am doing this by making a list, for example, of each song and then hyperlinking to the file that contains the song. It then opens Windows Media Player, which is what I want. (By using Windows Media Player it is easier to control volume and stop, re-start and rewind, when needed. We are teaching kids several songs and it is helpful to be able to do these things.)

What I would like to be able to do is to have WMP open Full Screen. I know I can do this after it opens by clicking the Full Screen button or Alt-Enter. It just seems more professional to have it open that way. I think it was just a switch that I used before, maybe I can't do it with a hyperlink, I need to put the video in another way?

I appreciate any help that you can give me. Thanks.

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    With WMP not maximised, drag it to full screen then close as usual while holding Ctrl key.
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Roderunner, that works as far as maximizing, but what I want to be able to do is to have it run Full Screen, which is without any borders. I know I did it once but of course, now I can't find what I did and have a memory like a steel sieve, so am stumped.

Thanks
    I don't use WMP, but if memory serves me well you might try right clicking it in start menu & select properties.
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Try inserting an Action >> Run Program

Make the link "path to WMP" "path to file" /fullscreen

New Lounger
    Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Oh well, I tried above registry edit but doesn't work in Windows 8.1 Media Player 12.
    Search some more and found this working, kinda similar idea.
    One caveat is you need to right click on LocalServer32 and change permission to full control, otherwise you can't change the registry on the right "error edit value".
    How To Take Full Permissions Control To Edit Protected Registry Keys
    VwhBykP.png

Good luck for anyone one still looking for this!
    I found using PotPlayer, VLC, GOM player, Media classic can easily play in fullscreen by default with a setting option.