New Lounger
    Thanks

I can only import photos once from my SD port.

I can only import photos once from my SD port.The first time a window shows up asking what I want Windows to do with the card contents. When I'm done I click on Safely Remove Hardware and remove my SD card. Then I insert another SD card and no window appears nor do I get any display when I click on Drive M (where the SD card is) to see what is there. I then close down and reboot but still cannot load another SD card. What am I doing wrong?

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Windows should see each different card. If it doesn't see a card after a re-boot maybe the card is faulty?
    Does it work on another machine?
    Have you looked for other drive letters?

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Paul,
    Thanks for the suggestions but I'm still stumped. Here's some additional information. I have 2 eMachines with an SD card slot. I'm able to recognize normal SD with both computers so I know which port I'm using (E in the case of my computer). The problem comes when I use a microSD in an SD adapter. I have 2 of these (#1 and#2) and they both work in my wife's computer. As of two days ago #1 loaded fine but #2 was locked but recognized. When I removed the lock and tried again there was no recognition. When I utilized MyComputer to get to Port E I got this message -- E:\ is not accessible. The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error. Yet, the device E works with SD card and adapter #1 and adapter #2 works with my wife's computer so what gives. Any ideas or do I have to give up to da man in the repair store?

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Windows does not necessarily use drive E: for your external media, it may decide to use F: or G: depending on what devices it sees.
    It is also possible that your computer has set the media to not have a drive letter.
    1. Insert the offending card.
    2. Run Disk Management. Start > Run > diskmgmt.msc
    3. Windows will show you what disks / media it sees and what drives letters are assigned. You may need to assign a letter manually.

cheers, Paul