New Lounger
    Thanks

Sumvision Cyclone HD2 connectivity to Windows 7

I have bought a Sumvision Cyclone HD2 media player. It has a 2tb hdd and 2 freeview tuners. (freeview is UK terrestrial digital TV system).
    The device has a Linux OS and is fully networkable, upnp and wireless capable. It also has preset menus to access UTube, bbc, cnn etc.
    All these work fine. I can also map to the device from my pc and laptop using \\venus\c mapping and also connect via usb. All of this works ok.

Now for the problems........
    I cannot connect from the device to my Windows Network using it's internal menu system. I keep being asked for Enter Net user Id and Password.

My windows 7 home user is not passworded. Also I have all the sharing possibilities enabled. Why am I continually prompted to enter a net user ID and password.??

I am using a network homeplug connection and my router sees the device.
    Incidentally, this is an awsome device....

help

Thanks
    I have found a quote from Sumvision forum;I think you will find that you have to set up your user account to use a password (Even if only one character) to make sharing work on a Windows 7 network. This password could then be applied to the HD2 sharing
    Here's the link for more information;http://www.avforums.com/forums/porta...-firmware.html
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

3. The Following User Says Thank You to chowur For This Useful Post:

mikecasey (2011-06-25)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have tried everuy possible combination of user accounts and passwords...it does NOT work!!