4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Including a Word document

I use PowerPoint 2003 to make photo albums. It works better than any other photo album application that I have seen.

However, one of the things I would like to include is a lot of text, to tell the story of what the album is about. I do put captions on the pictures, what I am talking about doing is including several pages of text. Powerpoint wasn't designed for that, of course, who wants to look at a lot of text on an overhead screen. What I would like to do is to be able to put in text boxes, like I can do in Publisher or Word and link them together. Is there a way to do that that anyone knows about? Thanks for the help.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Answering my own thread. Almost as soon as I hit Post, an idea came to me.

I used Publisher and set up a document the same size as a slide in PowerPoint. I put in Text Boxes and inserted my story, from Word, Publisher automatically created new text boxes and linked them together, formatted and set it up the way I wanted. It ended up being a total of 5 pages. I saved each page as a JPG, then inserted each one on a slide in my Photo Album. The only thing that was a little funky is that all the text looked bold. I had a graphic on my Powerpoint Master Page that I wanted to show through, so with the picture selected, I clicked on the Set Transparent Color tool on the Picture tool bar, then clicked on the white background of my picture. Not only did this allow the graphic to show through but, for some reason, it also cleaned up the text, so it didn't look all boldy.

I am very excited and have several other albums to go back and update now. Sometimes, you just have to write out the problem.