New Lounger
    Thanks

error message when opening My Computer

I have Windows 7 32 bit installed on my desktop PC. Lately when I open the Computer Icon on my desktop and try and click on the C drive in the right side of the screen I get and error that said: This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or if one is already installed, create and association in the Default Program control panel. Yet I can click on the left side of the screen and click on the C drive and get a list of all the files and folders on the drive and I can click into them from the left side but not the right.
    When I go to the default program in control panel I can not find explorer.exe or any program that will help me. Can anyone help me? Thanking you in advance.

Thanks
    Do you continue to get the same error when you access "My Computer" from the start menu?
    Type "explorer" into the run box or access it via the start menu >"All Programs".

Thanks
    Do you have a system restore point prior to the first occurrence of the issue?
    Does the problem occur in safe mode?
    Try running SFC /scannow in an elevated command prompt.
    Download and run Malwarebytes to verify that you haven't picked up a virus.

Jerry