4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Can't get IE7 to open full screen for Windows Update

Running XP SP3, IE7.
    Normally, when I open IE, it opens in full screen mode, which is what I want.
    However, when I use Windows Update, IE opens in a window, rather than full screen.
    How can I make IE open full screen for Windows Update? Of course, I know I can manually change it to full screen after it opens, but why can't I get it to automatically open in full screen mode for Windows Update?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    If you are starting Windows Update from the start menu change the shortcut to start in Full Screen mode instead of Normal Window.

Joe

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply, Joe.
    I right-clicked the start menu icon, chose Properties/Run, and set it to Maximized (it was set to Normal window).
    However, when I started Windows Update, IE still opened in a window (not maximized), just as it did before.
    Wish I knew what's going on.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Well, the Windows Update shortcut does not start IE directly. It starts the Windows Update Manager which in turn starts IE. That could be the problem.

If you have a link for Microsoft Update, try changing it to Maximized and see if that works differently.

Joe

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi, Joe.
    I don't use MS Update, so no link.
    Couldn't find a way to set the Windows Update Manager executable to start IE maximized.
    But if I choose View/Full Screen while I'm in Windows Update (using F11), and leave it that way when I exit, IE will start in that mode next time.
    Problem is that IE will start in that mode any time I open it for browsing (which I don't want, because I cant view the menu bar without hitting F11 again).
    Well, I guess I'll live with it as it is. Thanks for the suggestions.

Thanks
    You might want to try this,FREE software;http://www.southbaypc.com/AutoSizer/
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten