Administrator
    Thanks

Office 2010 SP1 has been released

Office 2010 SP1 has been released. See a description at Description of Office 2010 SP1. The KB article also has download links.

If you have other Office products such as Visio, SharePoint Designer, or others go to the Microsoft Download Center and click on the Microsoft Office button in the center of the page. Then in the left column click "Show more" under "Download type", then click on "Service Pack". You may also want to change the drop down from "Relevancy" to "Newest to Oldest" at "Sort by" on the right.

Joe

Thanks
    Thanks Joe, downloading now.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Administrator
    Thanks
    Just remembered. It is also available via Windows Update.

Joe

Thanks
    After installing Office SP1 and new MSE, there were 3 additional updates availabl from WU. All installed successfully. As I have stated previously, for large updates such as Office SP1 I download the file, then disconnect from the internet and shut down all other apps including my security apps before installing these rather large updates as is recommended by MS. These security apps have been known to cause conflicts during installation.

Installed without problems on 3 PCs, 2 64 Bit and 1 32 Bit. All work perfectly afterward.
    Last edited by Medico; 2011-06-30 at 05:13.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Joe, I can report successful installations of both the x86 and x64 versions.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    FWIW, the Windows Secrets patch newsletter released yesterday recommended not to install the SP yet.

Thanks
    I don't always follow advice that I don't solicit. The updates installed very well for me. I also installed the .net updates with no adverse affects.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Likewise for me. All updates installed smoothly and quickly (notably the .NET that are often slow and cumbersome).

I would recommend to go ahead for anyone with stand alone PCs or a home network, but perhaps follow Windows Secret advice if you are on a business network.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,062 Posts
    Office SP1 seems quite uneventful. Installed SP1 for Office 2010 in two machines (Win 7 x64 and x86) without any issues whatsoever.

The advice given in the newsletter is meant, IMO, to people who probably would have more difficulties dealing with the fallout of a bad update. For me, although appreciative of the effort that goes into such recommendations, I don't really follow it, ever. I install updates whenever they come through Windows update and in the odd occasion where one has been problematic, it wasn't a big effort to deal with it. If a major disaster scenario occurred, there is always a, at the most, few days old image to resort to.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This is what SR-1 is really for. I have an underpowered computer which should be put out to pasture but which had Office 2007 installed, so I decided to install 2010 as a demo. I backed it up, uninstalled 2007 leaving all data in place, restarted, installed 2010, restarted, installed SR-1, all of it offline. When I restarted and went online I checked Windows Update and there was precisely one update for 2010, to be installed. For anyone thinking of moving to 2010, now is a good time, because of SR-1.