Thread: Word 2010

Lounger
    Thanks

Angry Word 2010

I am trying to create a form in Word 2010 and want to insert form fields which people can fill in when the form is protected. I have looked everywhere and cannot find how to insert a normal text field into a table to create a form. I have found Quick Parts, but I don't want a specific type of information in the field, I just want a text field. I went into the Quick Access Toolbar and found an option 'Form Field Options' and inserted that into the QAT, but, having done that, I can't use it - it is greyed out - even when my cursor is in a table cell!!

Can someone please help me - this is driving me nuts! It used to be so easy in Word 2003! I have even looked in the Microsoft Step by Step Word 2010 and can find no mention at all of form fields - it doesn't even come up in the Word help!!

I have been using Word since 1993 and have never had trouble finding my way around - I have been using Word 2010 since February of this year and have still not come to grips with it!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I'm assuming you want a Form Field.

You need to turn on the option to show the Developer tab and then find the Legacy Tools button in the Controls group.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew Lockton For This Useful Post:

zimmerlip (2011-12-01)

Thanks
    Here's a link to a free tutorial, not specific to Word 2010.
    http://www.mousetrax.com/techpage.html#autoforms

Thanks
    I would also recommend looking at the online tutorials at lynda.com. They are not free but are worth the money. They have a one on Word 2010 Forms in Depth and another on moving from Word 2003 to Word 2010. Both are good.