New Lounger
    Thanks

Question How to delete Permissions/IRM icon on Outlook 2003 standard email toolbar?

Hi guys - can anybody PLEASE help me remove the VERY annoying Permissions/IRM icon/button from Outlook 2003 standard email toolbar???

Every few days I mis-mouse & accidentally click this crazy icon then Outlook & every word doc hangs for 5-10min until the Permissions/IRM process finally decides to allow me to cancel that action. STUPID STUPID programming!

Woody shows how to remove it from an ordinary MS Word doc on p85 of the below Google book. (Basically hold down Alt key & drag icon off toolbar) - but it does NOT work on the standard toolbar of the version of Word where you write your Outlook emails - alas Alt doesn't seem to have any magic powers here .

http://books.google.com.au/books?id=...page&q&f=false

Thanks guys - I VERY much look forward to hearing back from you!

Thanks
    If you are using Word as your email editor, can you right-click a blank part of the toolbar area and choose Customize? Can you remove icons in that mode, or is that what you already tried?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your reply jscher.
    Alas the icon sits in the ONLY toolbar that I can't right-click in a blank spot & customise.
    Please see below screenshot of toolbar & icon & let me know if you know how to get rid of the icon.
    Here's hoping!

IRM icon in Outlook Word toolbar.jpg

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Bump
    Just checking if you got my reply?