New Lounger
    Thanks

Saved settings using windows-7

Hi Guy's,

Hope some one can help me with this small problem.

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate and when i'm using one of my favourite scanning / printing programs namely arcsoft Photo Impressions 2000, when I have done a scan and go to save the image / file the "saved path" always defaults to "My Pictures" folder and not to the last saved destination.

Now when I was running Windows Vista the saved destination folder always remained the last one that was used (ie-Documents\manuals) not "My Pictures".

I find this annoying as I have to use half a dozen mouse clicks to save the file where I want it save to everytime!! I have looked at the registary entries for the program but can't see any setting for defaults.

Can anyone let me know if this can be adjusted in Windows-7 settings anywhere?

Your help would be Much Appreciated.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Thanks
    Hi Keith, I have tried to preset location to store saved items and failed miserably. Everything seems to have its own agenda, pictures to picture folder, music to music folder etc. So gave up.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Thanks
    Keith, Welcome to the Lounge. It's always nice to see new contributing members.

I do not use this particular app, but know the feeling. When I wish to save a screen shot for posting here, it always defaults to my pictures folder whereas I generally save these images to my desktop temporarily, then delete them afterwards. I know you mentioned you looked through the registry for a default option location. Have you also looked through all the options in the app itself. Quite often these type of apps have an options tab or window where you can set default locations.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Older software had more of a tendency to have hard coded paths. It appears that Arcsoft offers free support. Of course they will suggest an upgrade to the latest version, which in this case I would also recommend. There have been several new versions since the 2000 version. They may have added this feature. Either way, they may be able to at least give you a definitive answer. Arcsoft Support.
    Chuck

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Ted,

Thank you for your input, I have tried looking through the registry for the app settings but can't find any entries relating to arcsoft or photo impressions...must be hiding somewhere. I have also looked in the arcsoft folder in program files with no avail.

Also thank you chuck for your thoughts, I have tried their latest software versions but find them all a bit complicated for what I want...might try what you suggest and contact their technical support for help.

cheers,

Keith.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Is it possible that this is tied in to the issue of Libraries, as distinct from folders? Have you actually checked the folder to see if that is where the shots are ending up? Even if they are, moving them as a collection from that to the desired folder will take a lot less than all those clicks.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dogberry View Post
    Is it possible that this is tied in to the issue of Libraries, as distinct from folders? Have you actually checked the folder to see if that is where the shots are ending up? Even if they are, moving them as a collection from that to the desired folder will take a lot less than all those clicks.
    Hi dogberry, If I move the saved files from their original location the program can't find them when I try to open them again, and yes they are ending up where I save them.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by austen tashus View Post
    Hi dogberry, If I move the saved files from their original location the program can't find them when I try to open them again, and yes they are ending up where I save them.
    OK, I get it. The 'hard coded path' sounds like an interesting lead, but I have nothing to offer.