Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zig View Post
    Geek,
    I believe Revo Pro is 64-bit-aware, while the free version is not.

Zig
    That is correct Revo (free) only sees and uninstalls 32 Bit apps whereas Revo Pro uninstalls both 32 Bit and 64 Bit apps. Absolute Uninstaller (free) also is capable of uninstalling 64 Bit apps. Generally I like the UI of Revo Pro better.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks

Belarc Advisor

You can run Belarc Advisor downloaded from http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

This will give you information about hardware of your system, security updates status, product keys and a list of all program installed with a link to its location on the hard disk.

This is a Free Program FOR PERSONAL USE.

arvind kelkar

New Lounger
    Thanks

Directory Printer

Great suggestions for installed programs (I've always liked Revo Uninstaller's presentation the best; too bad you can't print with the freebie).

Although it's not direct to the question, I've got quite a few portable programs that I also locate in the "Program Files" folder (XP), and create shortcuts to from the "Start-->Programs" (XP) menu. Since they don't get installed, they won't show up using the suggestions above. I plan to move to Win 7 from XP this fall, and a handy way to help remember those portable programs--and how I organized them--is to use Karen Kenworthy's Directory Printer:

http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp

It'll create a right-click context menu entry ("Print with DirPrn...") in Windows Explorer that you can use to print the file and folder structure (including printing various file and folder attributes, if you want that stuff) of any selected folder. For example, I'll print the following folder...

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs ["Start-->Programs," for XP]

...along with the individual user profiles' Programs folders--which will list all of the program shortcuts (including user-created shortcuts to portable programs) and the folders they are located in.

A couple tips:
    1. Be careful not to select root folders (such as C:\) or any folder with a large number of subdirectories or files, as your printer may gasp for paper and toner!
    2. The print dialog box doesn't have a button that links to you printer's device driver options (like most programs do); so you may need to adjust you print driver's defaults (if you don't like them) from the Control Panel prior to printing.

Thanks
    Not to throw a monkey-wrench into this thread, but many "programs" are not installed, but act as portable apps or per-user gadgets and such. These will not be shown in any of the listing methods mentioned so far in this thread. Perhaps SIW or Belarc may detect them, but the other methods probably do not. I am not sure whether my favorite free program updates manager, SUMO Lite (No RK) lists the majority of these stand-alone apps, but I don't think it does either.
    -- Bob Primak --

Thanks
    Bob,

How right you are. I just checked the script and it does NOT find Double Driver which is a standalone/portable program. But then again neither does Belarc or SIW
    Last edited by RetiredGeek; 2011-07-08 at 14:58.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

VBA Rules!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hear, hear! I have a ton of stuff on my PC that none of these mechanisms locate!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    There is not any direct way to print directly print from Control panel,
    But you can export the information to an Excel file and print the information there.
    To get the control panel information in Excel file you need to fetch the data via WIN product class.
    Read this example to know how to export control panel to csv

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If this is a one-time or time-limited requirement, don’t forget that you can download a trial version of Revo Pro.

If you go into (Win 7) Control Panel in Category View, you will find Uninstall A Program at the bottom left, and it will display a list of all programs (I haven’t looked for the exceptions noted above), with useful details including the icon. Windows own Snipping Tool can be used to take screen shots of it a page at a time, which is far from ideal, but it’s swift and simple, and already built-in.

Thanks
    Hey Y'all,

In case you're interested here's the latest version of my PowerShell program.
    Code:
    param (
      [string]$DestPath = "G:\BEKDocs",
      [string]$DestFilename = "InstalledSoftware"
    )
    [reflection.assembly]::LoadWithPartialName("System.Windows.Forms")| Out-Null

if (!([Diagnostics.Process]::GetCurrentProcess().Path -match '\\syswow64\\'))
    {
      $unistallPath = "\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\"
      $unistallWow6432Path = "\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\"
      @(
      if (Test-Path "HKLM:$unistallWow6432Path" ) { Get-ChildItem "HKLM:$unistallWow6432Path"}
      if (Test-Path "HKLM:$unistallPath" ) { Get-ChildItem "HKLM:$unistallPath" }
      if (Test-Path "HKCU:$unistallWow6432Path") { Get-ChildItem "HKCU:$unistallWow6432Path"}
      if (Test-Path "HKCU:$unistallPath" ) { Get-ChildItem "HKCU:$unistallPath" }
      ) |
      ForEach-Object { Get-ItemProperty $_.PSPath } |
      Where-Object {
        $_.DisplayName -and !$_.SystemComponent -and !$_.ReleaseType -and !$_.ParentKeyName -and ($_.UninstallString -or $_.NoRemove)
      } |
      Sort-Object DisplayName |
      Select-Object DisplayName,InstallDate,InstallLocation | Export-csv -notypeinformation -Path "$DestPath\$DestFilename.csv" -Force

[Windows.Forms.MessageBox]::Show("Data written to $DestPath\$DestFilename.csv","Completion Status", `
          [Windows.Forms.MessageBoxButtons]::OK, [Windows.Forms.MessageBoxIcon]::Information)

}

else
    {
      [Windows.Forms.MessageBox]::Show("Data will be written to $DestPath\$DestFilename.csv","Program In 32 Bit", `
          [Windows.Forms.MessageBoxButtons]::OK, [Windows.Forms.MessageBoxIcon]::Information)

"You are running 32-bit Powershell on 64-bit system. Please run 64-bit Powershell instead." | `
         Write-Host -ForegroundColor Red
    }
    Calling sequence once at the PowerShell command prompt either cmd line version or ISE.
    .\BEKInstalledSoftware.ps1 -DestPath d:\path -DestFilename

You'll need to at least supply the -DestPath parameter as it is currently set to default to G:\BEKDocs which I'm sure doesn't reside on your computer. The file name will default to InstalledSoftare so you only need to change that if you don't like it. The file type will be .csv no option here! HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

VBA Rules!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It can easily be done by using CCleaner.

Tools...uninstall and on the bottom right corner "save to text file"

Lists installed programs, install date, size and version.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Well, I use the best file cleaner out there which also cleans out the registry and also prints the list in text format for you - CCleaner! Open CCleaner, click on Tools and click on "Save to Text File".

New Lounger
    Thanks
    in Command RUN type "msinfo32":

In opened dialog click on “Software environment” then tap “program groups”, So you can have copy of the list now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12