Star Lounger
    Thanks

Question MS Word 2003 adding image to sheet of labels

Is there a way to add a graphic (png image) to a sheet of labels... without resorting to a third party wizard like Avery? I use mailing labels to identify a product and would like to add the company logo.

My "normal" way to make a sheet of labels is.. from a blank page > Tools > Letters and Mailings > Envelopes and Labels. From the Label box I add my text.. select New Document.. and magic.. my sheet is full. I do a select all.. make any changes to font size.. center and print.. works just fine.. sans image

There seems no way to add an image into the Label dialog box. If I go to the full sheet of labels (empty) I can can add the image and playing with various option in text wrapping make "one" label. There seems no way to fill the whole sheet.

Starting with my logo on a blank sheet it seems I can import it into the label dialog box.. only if the default text wrapping is in place.. and with that setting I can not place my text where I want...

A complicated explanation I am sure.. I hope it makes sense.

If any one has any thoughts.. or a link to a tutorial on how to make labels with an image included I would be very grateful.

Thanks for your time.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I've done this with many different label types by splitting the label into two cells, either horizontally or vertically. I then put the image in its own cell, and there's no worry with wrapping and that sort of thing. Care must be taken that the dimensions of the original label cell (two cells now) do not change.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks
    I will try that approach. I assume you are working on the actual label sheet when you do this on an individual label. Is there then a way to fill the sheet with duplicates?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    There' a really good FAQ on this at http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TerFar For This Useful Post:

Ralph2 (2011-07-02)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Perfect.. thank you very much