New Lounger
    Thanks

"Either there is no default mail client" Error

Periodically, I'm getting the following error message appear out of nowhere on my machine:

"Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request"

I'm running Outlook 2010 64 Bit on Windows 7 (Professional) 64 Bit.

It's getting really annoying. How can I get rid of it for good?

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    It is likely that a 32-bit third party program is not compatible with 64-bit Outlook. Unfortunately from what I can find out the only solution is to uninstall the 64-bit version of Office and install the 32-bit version. Office is not the problem. It is the third party programs that do not "see" 64-bit Office only 32-bit.

Joe

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 1,050 Posts
    I have read reports that this was solved by Office 2010 SP1. You may want to install SP1 to solve it.