2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Problems with Old Macros in Word 7

I have these two macros that I have used forever. I have upgraded to Windows 7 and Word 7 Student Version and one of them is not working. I made sure that they are in the Normal template and they are.

“BlockQuotationIncrease” works perfectly. When I press CTRL+F7 it indents my paragraph as many times as I want.

Sub BlockQuotationIncrease()
    ' CTRL+F7
    Selection.ParagraphFormat.LeftIndent = Selection.ParagraphFormat.LeftIndent + 36
    Selection.ParagraphFormat.RightIndent = Selection.ParagraphFormat.RightIndent + 36
    End Sub

“BlockQuotationDecrease”, however, does not return my paragraph like it used to. They are exactly the same, except that one says +36 and the other says -36.

Sub BlockQuotationDecrease()
    ' CTRL+SHIFT+F7
    Selection.ParagraphFormat.LeftIndent = Selection.ParagraphFormat.LeftIndent - 36
    Selection.ParagraphFormat.RightIndent = Selection.ParagraphFormat.RightIndent - 36
    End Sub

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    Hi vgarrim,

have you checked that the keyboard shortcuts are still working? What happens if you run the macro via Alt-F8?
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Out of frustration I turned everything off and turned everything back on again and now it is working. Whatever was happening, whatever it was, is gone, for now anyway. Thank you.