5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Question Scaled objects -can I make accurately scaled shapes in PP? (Office 2007)

I want to try and make a few simple drawings for room arrangements for furniture. I have checked all the books I have and can't find the answer, thus I am here. I want to know if I can make scaled drawings, e.g., the room is 15 feet by 12 feet and I want to place a desk, work tables and chairs and I want them to be scaled to size and I want to be able to move them around so that I can check out different arrangements of the furniture, book shelves, filing cabinets, etc. Is there an easy way to do this in PowerPoint, or would I need a simple graphics package of some sort to do this. I have a very old copy of Visio, but I do not think it will run under Win 7 - 64 bit. Any insight that anyone can provide will bre greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ron M

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    No one has an answer for this question? I am puzzled...

Ron M

Thanks
    Yes, I think you can easily do this in PPT.
    Start by scaling your slide. On the Design ribbon, choose page setup. Use a custom layout. Depending on your measurement units create a custom page size, say 15 by 12 inches. Now every inch represents 1 ft.
    I've added the "Grid and Guides/Grid Settings" button to my Quick Access Toolbar. Using that button, use the Grid settings to be placed every inch.
    Now when you draw your shapes to place them on the PPT slide you can scale them more easily since you'll be doing it on a gridded sheet.
    Don't forget you can right-click on the shapes and set the size manually.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    As Catherine said but I don't think I would use PowerPoint at all. There are lots of free online tools eg www.floorplanner.com