2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Adobe Flash Player at War with Google Translation

I edit Web sites and often bring up pages stored locally on my computer to check them. One site I work on has a link to the Google translation app on each page. Now when I bring up a page that is located on my computer, Adobe Flash Player brings up a dialog box that says it has stopped access to Google translation because this is potentially dangerous. There is a "settings" button I am supposed to be able to push to change permissions, though it will work only the next time. But the button won't push, the "wait" mouse pointer keeps going around and around, and both the Flash dialog box and the Web page hang for aobut 30 seconds till the dialog box finally disappears.

First of all, what is Flash doing blocking something that has nothing to do with Flash or Flash content? Second, how can I get the inexcusable behavior to stop? I am asking here because Adobe doesn't make it at all easy to get an answer. I logged in to the Adobe site and found that I had to enter a "screen name" to use the forums there, but no matter what screen name I tried, even some rather odd ones, they were all "unavailable." Right.

Thanks
    Are you sure this is not an infection on your system? I have the latest rendition of Flash on IE9 and can go to the Google Translate page just fine.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    On reopening Firefox (but in a different tab, not the one displaying the Web page that is stored on my own computer), the dialog box finally worked as intended. It went to the dialog box in the attached image.

I think this is an Adobe problem. Adobe had a warning online about issues with the new version of Flash Player.

I also think that behavior of the dialog box may be different for Web pages stored on the user's computer and ones accessed over the Internet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Did you try to clean your history/cookies (whatever FF calls them) and try the web site again. There may have been an old history point that was causing the problem.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy