Thanks

merging templates

Hello Brilliant People,

I just created a custom template which contains 3 custom quickpart galleries. In this particular template, I have saved the Quick Access Toolbar buttons that show what's in each gallery. I was going to use it as a Word add-in for the users' pc's but not every user will need it and I don't want to bother with creating a unique log in script to add it as a Word startup template, so I decided that I want to add this new template to several pre-existing templates that I have instead, but I don't know how to do that. Can I get some help with code to put in the pre-existing templates that will merge a copy of the new template with the pre-existing ones. That way, only the users who need the custom galleries and QAT buttons will get them in the templates that they are associated with anyway. Thanks for any help and suggestions.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Sorry no one has been able to come up with an answer for your situation - it's very likely that no one here has ever tried to do what you're trying to do, using code.
    This might be one of those situations unfortunately, where writing code to be able to do this (if it is possible to do), would take more time/work than just recreating what you need in the other templates, manually.

Gary

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gary Frieder For This Useful Post:

Bigshrimp60 (2011-07-18)

Thanks
    Thanks for responding. I have made a "master" template out of the one with the galleries in it and then I copy a pre-existing template over it and rename the whole thing. It seems sort of clunky but it's not so bad.